25 June 2009

concrete poetry

Improving the last post, I was reading last night the programme magazine from the current exhibition at ICA, which explored concrete poetry movement from the 60s till contemporaries artists who work with the intersection of the graphic and the poetic.
So reading the programme, I found this funny sentence
"stupidity reduce language to words" by the Scottish artist and writer Ian Hamilton Finlay, who was a key figure in the Concrete Poetry movement in Britain.
haha, I just loved it!
And I loved the exhibition as well. I was looking for Brazilians artists (Augusto de Campos), but it wasn't there. However on the book they credited Concrete Poetry for had its roots in Brazil and Swiss movements; I actually didn't know how big it was and I am glad they recognized its value.
Can be downloaded the book by here!



by Augusto de Campos
Tensao, 1956



by Janice Kerbel
from her Remarkable series

by David Hockney
Two Boys Aged 23 or 24, 1966



No comments: