11 April 2009

The Rotators







I went to Ujino Muneteru's exhibition yesterday, a Japanese artist who is presenting his sound installation at Hayward Gallery. 
His works sounds and seems incredible! And very curious.. The image from the structure is so crude that we think we can easily understand, but took me long time to figure out. And I still have some doubts about it.. I found on his website some sketches of how it works.




So, basically, the ground is actually the turntable, and that give us the rhythm. The other machines, the blender, the hoover, the drill, they are separately connected to any surface like drawers or piano strings or wardrobe, and resonating a 'note' when pressed. The sound is rhythmic and weird, in a good sense! 




Later on today he is going to perform, I will try to make it. 



No comments: