13 February 2009

brasil Carnaval 2009

Besides samba, violence and football there are many images and some reasons of why and how Brasil is like that. Particularly, I don't like stereotypes, even having fun with all that, anyway. [I confess that I'm impressed (and now addicted) on how many teas and beers people have in England per day.] 
So, I suggest, the best thing to understand another culture is to go there and check yourself! Better than by the pictures.. 

CARNAVAL will starts next week, and well, Brasil is now working to have 5 days of only parties!!! 
And to whom doesn't know, after 4 days we have the last one to take a rest! =)
I remember once I was in Rio de Janeiro and I forgot to take money from the bank before carnaval and I couldn't take any money from the cash machine, cause I had to get from inside the bank (that was my case). So, I spent all those days asking money for my friends.. well, not even the bank work on that period!


I found that link about Funk Carioca interesting to read. And here is the link to Tati QuebraBarraco. Many people here ask me about that.
On this myspace you can read also others articles about carnaval, tapioca, acai, cachaca, erva-mate, et al.

beautiful woman











Indigenas
Camila Pitanga (actress), Carmen Miranda (singer), Gisele Bundchen (model)

childrens

Cartola, Paulinho da Viola, Chico Buarque e Vinicius de Morais (composers)

4 comments:

carol de marchi said...

capa da próxima FEW é a Isabel Toledo, cubana, desenhadora de moda que vestiu a Michelle Obama, história de imigrante latina que hoje é uma das mais poderosas de NY.
vai ter CSS e My Brightest Diamond em música (vou postar os textos em inglês no blog em março, pra nao estragar a surpresa). em arte, Bruce LaBruce, um doido... te mando o texto.
vou te mandar o pdf, na integra. mas vai ser em castellano!
e nao precisa mandar a revista pelo correio, to olhando na web!
mas vou pegar aí em julho! sim, acho q vou fazer o curso da st martins de uma semana! iuhuuuu!

carilevi said...

iupi!!
delicia!! te vejo aqui entao!

quero o pdf! amei as materias!! em ingles pra mim eh melhor, mas sabe que castellano tiramos de letra (pra mim so letra mesmo, porque pra falar sou uma inhaca..)

AMEI!!

carol de marchi said...

well, gorgeous, i'll send you the first issue's music features in english, but as a word doc, pq nao saiu em ingles...
e a do michel tb, mas essa só tem em español :(

e quem sabe a gente faz uma troca? eu te mando a FEW 01 e/ou a 02 por correio e tu me manda a art&music? do we have a deal? tem que ter cartas anexadas! hahaha fun fun fun!

mwaaahh

carol de marchi said...

happy valen day!