18 February 2009

guillermo gregorio

Mr. Lucio Vassarath has been my friend for ages.. is one of my friends I used to look at making silly things when he was young, and I used to think how he would be when he get old and the one who I still keep in touch to making sure that everything is going to be exactly how I expected.

He used to play guitar amazingly and I thought he would be a star. But suddenly, he changed the instrument to play sitar. So he left his band, and no one in my city could follow him anymore... we missed the train... 
However, like a passionate musician as I knew he was, he still kept playing even by himself or eventually as a special guest in a gig. And, like a curious musician as I also knew he was, he still kept searching about music even with no one chasing him the same knowledge (with rare exceptions). Nevertheless, like a clever journalist as I never thought he would be, he showed me this crazy Argentinean jazz musician Guillermo Gregorio.

Guillermo, like Lucio, is an unsatisfied person who have been searching intensely about jazz since young; being introduced to Ornette Coleman's music in the early '60s, when his life turned around! After hearing these knowing that Coleman played 'free', he called his neighbor, and said: 'Let's play free!' 
so he did. And added more..
to have an idea what else he was pursuing that time he almost went to Paris to study with Pierre Schaeffer. 

well, so that's what we've got:
Guillermito Gregorio, another mad like us (me, Lucio, Lucchianita, and others). 
we can't go back now... 


[big link, or a homage to Argentineans: I was writing about music video and I came across with videos by Carlos Gardel. I noticed how incredible can be those writers from Europe and US whom did not mention on their books, magazines, or either on websites, the fact that Gardel was making clips even before Ballet Mecanique and much earlier then The Panoram junkeboxes... well, well...]

4 comments:

carol de marchi said...

falando em videos... enganchei na pitchfork TV e nao parei mais. coloquei coisas no meu blog e aqui vai mais um bem massa pra ti: http://pitchfork.tv/videos/jtillman-firstborn
é do baterista do fleet foxes.
eba! voltei a ser musical again.
e um projeto de blog em espanhol e ingreis. superando fronteiras!

Anonymous said...

You so sweet! Keep on “levitando” round the world.
And something new comes out in March… Vassarath´s Myspace with lot´s of new songs

Kisses
L.Vassarath
:)

carilevi said...

we are waiting mr vassarath! a gente aguarda o senhor!
nos e a querida norwegian! hehe

alice said...

well well, entrei no tal myspace and loved it!
congratulations, mr lucio!